Wednesday, June 25, 2008
1. Do you like blue cheese? Yes
2. Have you ever smoked? nope
3. Do you own a gun ? yes, well hubby does.
4. What flavor do you add to your drink at Sonic? Never been to Sonic.
5. Do you get nervous before dr. appts ? yes
6. What do you think of hot dogs? Gotta be in the mood for them but good with chili, onions and mustard
7. Favorite Christmas song? O Holy Night
8. What do you prefer to drink in the morning? Coffee or a Vitamin Water
9. Can you do push ups? I suppose but why would I?
10. What do you order at Starbucks? Caramel machiata
11. What's your favorite piece of jewelry? Braided sterling silver ring…. from Silpada of course.
12. Favorite hobby? Photography but I rarely have time for it.
13. How do you eat your eggs? If I make them, scrambled with cheese or in an omelete. If Mom makes them, over easy so I can dip my toast in the yoke.
14. What's one trait that you hate about yourself? I’m a procrastinator.
15. Middle name ? Jen J
16. Name 3 thoughts at this exact moment. I don’t want to work. I’m tired. I don’t want to work. 17. Name 3 things you bought yesterday? Lunch, 2 little plastic dogs and a bouncy ball from the “kiddie slots” at the ice rink. Well, the kids played the slots. I just supplied the quarters.
18. Three drinks you regularly drink? Sweet iced tea (it’s a southern thang), water, coffee
19. Current worry right now ? kids
20. Current hate right now? work
21. Favorite place to be? The mountains
22. How did you bring in the New Years? No clue, probably snoring.
23. Where would you like to go? Grand Canyon, Mount Rushmore, Maine, Australia
24. Name three people who will complete this. I’m not even sure 3 people read this blog!!
25. Do you own slippers? Somewhere.
26. What shirt are you wearing? A frilly little peasant blousey looking thing.
27. Do you like sleeping on satin sheets? Never have, prefer flannel even in the summer
28. Can you whistle? nope
29. Favorite color? Burgundy
30. Would you be a pirate? Nope, can’t swim and get seasick.
31. What songs do you sing in the shower? Anything and everything
32. Favorite girl's name? Of course my little girl’s name but if Scott had been a girl, he would have been Alyssa Nicole
33. Favorite boy's name? Of course my little boy’s name. I don’t know. Boy names were Hubby’s responsibility so I’m not sure.
34. What's in your pocket right now? nothing
35. Last thing that made you laugh? Scott jumping into the pool on top of his swim teacher.
36. Best bed sheets as a child? We always had plain white cotton sheets.
37. Worst injury you've ever had? I’m with Kim on this one. A 3rd degree tear you know where definitely tops my list.
38. Do you love where you live? It’s good. It’s rural but close to stuff. But I miss the mountains.
39. How many TV's do you have?
40. Who is your loudest friend? John
41. How many dogs do you have? One wild and crazy border collie
42. What are you thrilled about right now? How well Sara is doing in swim lessons and Scott’s efforts in swim lessons. They have both come a long way.
43. Do you have a crush on someone? There is a guy at work……. Also I’m in love with George Clooney, Johnny Depp and John Cusak
44. What is your favorite book? no favorite, i have too many interests
45. What is your favorite candy? Milky Way Dark or 3 Musketeers
46. Favorite Sports Team? NHL Carolina Hurricanes
47. What song do you want played at your funeral? I know it is cliché but I like The Dance. There was another but I can’t remember it now.
48. What were you doing 12 AM last night? Trying to help Sara stop coughing so we could all get some sleep.
49. What was the first thing you thought of when you woke up this morning? Holy Cow!! I’m gonna be late for work!
Tuesday, June 24, 2008
Hey, check it out!!! It's a brand new emag with a twist! It's hook it that it showcases those excellent blog posts that have fallen off the "front page" of your blogs. There are lots of topics called "Channels" to chose from. The posts will be chosen by Channel Editors, or nominated by the readers or even submitted by us! It is the reincarnation of TopBlogMag (which I wrote for in the past) and I think it's brilliant!!!
Blog Nosh Magazine launches tomorrow so check it out! Also, you can follow it on Twitter to get updates on happenings and find out when they need posts for specific topics. You are gonna love it!!!
Monday, June 02, 2008
Sheila at Designs by Shelia was giving away a free blog design. I've been wanting a new design but I know nothing about that kind of stuff so I entered not expected anything to come of it because I NEVER win!! But I DID WIN!!!
Go on over to her site and check out her work. It's AWESOME!!! Thanks so much, Sheila! I can't wait to work with you!!
Want this button?
Today I am participating in Marriage Mondays at Chrysalis. This month's topic is Our Wedding Day. Enjoy!!
It was January 15, 1994, in the foothills of the Tennessee Appalachians…..the coldest day on record, with temps not expected to make it into the teens. It had snowed the day before and half of our guests were coming from an hour away. Thankfully, all of the wedding party made it in.
The service was beautiful. The music included “Cross My Heart”, “Longer” and “The Wedding Song (There is Love)”. Hubby looked so nervous standing there but I was very calm. I repeated my vows with ease, but Hubby stumbled…..well, actually FELL through his! He was so nervous that in the end the Pastor had to feed him the vows…..word……by……word! LOL!!!
We lit the unity candle and knelt on the prayer bench for the wedding prayer. I noticed a strong smell of baby powder as did Hubby who thought I’d just over did the powder thing. But when he stood up!!!!!!! Oh my gosh!!!!! His BLACK pants were COVERED in WHITE baby powder!!! The Pastor said, “it’s ok, no one will notice”. Yeah right!! The church rippled in giggles. Then the Pastor presented us and told Hubby to kiss his bride. Well, he was in such nervous shock that he just stood there!! The Pastor then said, “He’s not going to kiss her” but my reply was “Oh yes he IS!!!” as I grabbed him and planted one right on the lips and the church erupted in laughter!
Hubby said he was never so glad to have anything over with! So we get to the reception in the church fellowship hall and see everyone huddled together in their coats. They had forgotten to turn the heat on!!! Did I tell you it was the coldest day on record? Single digits, even?? But everyone had a good time anyway. The bouquet was caught by my 18 month old niece and the garter was caught, well, actually, none of the men would catch it so it was given to my 10 year old cousin.
Ah yes, a day to remember! Oh, by the way, Brother In Law was caught in the act of “powdering” by the videographer so I made him sweat it out for a while thinking I was upset…..like a couple of years! LOL!! Actually, I had a blast and I wouldn’t have wanted it any other way!!!
Check back for pics on Wordless Wednesday!!