Friday, March 21, 2014

Scary!

The scariest thing I’ve heard from my daughter yet was “Mom, I have my High School registration stuff”.  I knew it was coming.  I mean it’s inevitable.  She keeps promoting to the next grade so she had to go sometime!  She’s growing up right before my eyes.  But that doesn’t mean I have to like it, right?  Last night we went to the High School Open House.  My jeans and t-shirts girl wore a nice blouse and scarf!  Yup, growing up whether I like it or not!

The campus is HUGE!  There’s going to be 700+ students in the Freshman class next year.  It’s going to be so different than her Middle School.  Lots more choices, lots more opportunities, lots more freedom…..and lots more stress!  She’ll be taking 3 Honors classes and Sophomore Math plus if all goes right, playing Volleyball for School and Club.  It’s a lot!  But I know she is strong academically and emotionally.  I have faith that God will guide us all through this. 


And as a friend reminded me, this is just a bump in the road, wait until she starts driving!!!!  My reply?  One thing at a time!    

No comments: