Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Easy Garlic Baked Shrimp

I promised to share some recipes on our journey to better health and this one is a keeper!  Easy Garlic Baked Shrimp is packed with protein, low fat, savory and best of all.....quick and easy!  I warn you, I'm kind of a kitchen experimenter so I don't usually measure much unless I'm baking but I'll try to give estimates for you.



Easy Garlic Baked Shrimp
Servings 2-4 

1lb raw shrimp fresh or frozen (I use the medium sized shrimp)
1 clove garlic minced/crushed (I use the jarred garlic and use a lot more than this.  We love garlic!)
2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
1/2 cup Seasoned Panko bread crumbs 
Salt and pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 425 degrees.  Lightly mist a small casserole dish with cooking spray or olive oil.
Thaw shrimp if frozen under running cold water.  Remove shells and tails, devein if needed.  In a bowl, combine shrimp with garlic, red wine vinegar and salt and pepper to taste.  Mix well then pour into the prepared casserole dish.  Sprinkle seasoned Panko bread crumbs over the top.  Bake uncovered for 15 mins until shrimp is cooked.  Do not over cook.  Shrimp will continue to cook after removed from the oven and can easily over-cook and be tough.  Enjoy!  

Nutritional Analysis:  Servings--4, Cal. 167, Carbs, 8.  Fat, 2.  Protein, 27.  Sodium, 197.  Sugar, 1. 


As a side note:  I have also done this with marinade sauces.  Simply marinate the shrimp with your favorate marinade for about 15 mins, dump in the prepared casserole, sprinkle with bread crumbs and bake as above.  If your marinade is saucy, the bread crumbs will absorb it.  So good!  We like Lawry's Brown Sugar Bourbon marinade for this!


No comments: