Monday, April 23, 2007

Metamorphosis

She’s so excited!!! Sara always checks her caterpillar each morning and each night before going to bed to make sure it is still alive. So the other night she comes running into the living room with it all excited, “Mommy LOOK!!!” It’s made a cocoon. I guess the pecan was enough sustenance to get it to the next stage. Sara and Scott are all excited to see what it will look like when it emerges. She's shown it to all the neighbors!!

I’m pretty sure it is a tent worm so in about 3 weeks, we should see a new moth!! I remember raising lots of Monarch butterflies growing up. It was so much fun!!! I can’t wait to see their faces when the new life emerges!

I can see metamorphosis in my children too. So much growth in just 6mos. They amaze me daily in the new things they say and do and how they analyze things. They are awesome!

1 comment:

Laurie said...

I'm so glad they're getting to see science at work! We gathered some already-made cocoons a couple years ago but they didn't make it. Good luck with yours! :)