Tuesday, August 07, 2012

What We've Been Up To

It’s been so long, it might be time for a quick update.  DH and I are still married--19yrs in Jan!  Wow!!  Seems like yesterday and a million years ago all at the same time! 

Sara is almost 12 now and getting ready to start Seventh grade in a few weeks!!  Sixth grade was a pretty big adjustment but she did well.  I don’t think Seventh grade will be too hard on her.  She’s a typical Tween—moody, sweet at times, argumentative, helpful, attitude (wonder where she gets that!).  She is going to try out for the school volleyball team!!  She’s nervous I know but she’s been going to camps this summer and she’s played recreation league for 2 yrs now so I think she has a great shot.  Keep your fingers crossed!!  She’s still in Girl Scouts and loving it!  She’ll be a second year Cadette this year and I’ll be a third year leader!  Wow!!  It’s really great though watching “my Ladies” grow and mature!

Scott is 10….and a half!  He’ll in Fifth grade this year!  He’s kinda nervous because he doesn’t know any of the teachers (he’ll have 3).  But I think once he meets them at orientation, he’ll be fine.  He is a second year Webelo Scout and will be earning his Arrow of Light and crossing over to Boy Scouts this year!  He has really enjoyed it!  I’m happy he wants to continue.  DH is the Den Leader still and does a great job!  Scott is gearing up for ice hockey again….I think.  He said this summer he might not play because he’s been playing for 6 yrs.  But he keeps talking about getting new equipment so I think he still will.  He’ll be a second year Squirt.  He played Upper House last year as a first year Squirt so we expect he’ll make Squirt A this year. 

Piper, the Hyper Dog is……still hyper!  LOL!!

No comments: