Saturday, May 12, 2007

Date Night!

I can't remember the last time Hubby and I went on a date. It's been so long since we'd been alone together that we didn't even know what to do!! Friday night we dropped the children off at one of those parent's night out programs for the very first time. That in itself was difficult. Not having any family in the area, I can count on one hand the number of times we've left the kids with someone and gone out alone. I think it was high time, don't you?

So we went to a movie. I'd not seen a "grownup movie" in the theatres since Sara was born. You really miss the big action in a movie when it's not on the silver screen. So we went to see Spiderman 3. It was great!! No cartoons, no kids begging for more candy or fighting over who gets to hold the popcorn. The special effects and action were awesome! And there was a romantic story line also--something for everyone!! We also got to preview the movie since the kids are begging to see it. Verdict--definitely not for kids! The Sandman isn't too bad but the black creature was way scary, even for me!!!

We really had a nice time. Probably not the best because we just aren't used to doing this and I know that I worried about how the children were behaving. But they were "perfect angels" (of course, aren't they all that way for someone else?) and had a great time too. They didn't want to leave when we came to pick them up. I'd say a good time was had by all!

We saw the preview for the new Harry Potter movie that looks really good! I think practice makes perfect, don't you?

1 comment:

Laurie said...

I'm so glad you had a great time! And as a side note - a trick I've learned. In my diaper bag, I take (along with some candy..teehee) some of those ZooPals cups. http://www.pactiv.com/heftypals/ZPCups/index.html

They're basically large paper cups. We get the large popcorn so we get free refills. Since there are 3 kids now eating popcorn, I divy up the candy and popcorn into their cups and they just eat very contentedly, passing their cup to me and Hubby when they need a refill. It works great! You can also use this idea with the disposable straw cups - buy the large drink there and divy it up between the kids...much cheaper than kid meals or individual drinks. :)