Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Presenting the Graduating Class of 2007!!

Preschool graduating class that is!!

Scott graduated preschool on Saturday. It was a very impressive program! The class did a program called “The World is a Rainbow” and the children represented different countries. They dressed in the clothing native to their country, told us facts about the country and sang a song about the country.

Scott represented China. He got to wear a red silk robe and his line was “Ice cream was invented in China”. He was so proud. For their music, they played a song about a Chinese frog while he and another boy hopped around a little girl in a caftan with a fan. Too cute!!!! The class also did Africa, Mexico and the United States and then sang “My Country T’is of Thee”. There was a brief intermission with slide show of pics of the children throughout the year. Beautiful music, many tears.

The children then had a processional from the back of the room in their caps and gowns and were so grown up as they each stepped forward to get their diploma and shake their teacher’s hand. They ended with this one last song (sung to the tune of “I’ve Been Working on the Railroad”).


I’ve been going to my preschool
All the whole year long.
I’ve been going to my preschool
And I’ve learned all kinds of songs.
Learned my name and my letters,
And my numbers too.
I’ve been going to my preschool
All the whole year through.

Graduation Day,
Graduation Day,
Graduation Day is finally here!
Graduation Day,
Graduation Day,
Graduation Day is here!

Kindergarten, here I come.
Now, I’m on my way.
Kindergarten, here I come
I can’t wait for school!!!


So he’s ready for kindergarten………but am I????????

No comments: