Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Out of the mouths of babes

Children have no brain buffers—they think it, they say it. Sometimes it’s good and sometimes it’s bad. But it’s generally the truth.

So this morning, I turned the TV on to entertain them while I did the rest of the morning routine of trying to get 3 kids, sorry, 2 kids and a Hubby out of the house. There was an infomercial on for some exercise equipment. Scott watched it for a moment and then turned to me and said, “Mama, you need to get that because you’re getting fat”. OMG!! I gave him one of those looks to which he replied, “You really are, Mama.” Then he goes on to say, “When I become a Daddy and get fat, I’ll get one of those, too”.

Well, at least he slammed both of us!!! LOL!!!!

1 comment:

Laurie said...

ROFL - I guess because I just lost that big pg belly, they think I've lost a lot of weight so I get good comments recently. However, I usually get the mediocre comments like, "Mommy, I like to snuggle with you because you're warm and squishy", and my favorite are comments that compare me to jello. lolol But yes, our kids are equal opportunity employers too and DH gets his fair share of comments too. ;) Guess I should dust off that treadmill in the basement...