Saturday, February 21, 2009

Impromptu Date Night

Hubby and I found ourselves in the nice situation tonight. Sara went on a sleepover and the neighbor offerred to keep Scott for a few hours so we could go out dinner....alone! Oddly enough, we both passed on the offer at first. It's kinda nice to spend time with the kids one at a time. Scott is a totally different child when he doesn't feel the need to compete for attention. But he was also feeling sad and wanted a playdate since Sara got to spend time with friends so we took them up on it.

We decided to have an early dinner and enjoyed a great dinner at the Japanese steak house. We got a regular table rather than sitting at the grill. It was wonderful! I hadn't had this food in ages! But I ate WAY too much! We had a great time just talking. Normally when we go out, we don't really talk....just eat and stare around the room. But tonight it felt so comfortable. It's been a long time since I felt so connected. What a great day!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

How wonderful! I am glad you got the chance to do this.

My husband and I have been talking about having a night out alone together forever but we never seem to follow through. And we even have a daughter old enough to babysit!

Jen E said...

Oh, Kim, you so should do it! Even if only once a month. We parents tend to forget that we were a couple before we had children. It's important not to lose sight of that. And I know I need to take my OWN advice!! LOl!!